Giant Steps Montreal
Ready Willing and Able is a national project delivered by the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL) in partnership with the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA). RWA is funded by the Federal Government of Canada and designed to build on and increase employer capacity and demand to hire persons with an intellectual disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), link employers with employment agencies and supports, work in partnership with schools, post-secondary institutions and the business community, and promote the increased employment of persons with an intellectual disability or ASD.
Reporting directly to the Director General of the RWA Delivery Partner, Giant Steps Montreal, the Labour Market Facilitator (LMF) is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of the Ready, Willing and Able (RWA) initiative, in accordance with its policy and practice parameters.
This position seeks to generate business demand to hire inclusively and share this demand with employment service agencies supporting job seekers with an intellectual disability and/or ASD. This position is the link between businesses, community employment agencies, autism organizations, member ACLs, and community. Building relationships with relevant stakeholders is a critical role of the position in achieving the overall outcome of the initiative, which is to create meaningful and equitable employment opportunities for job seekers with an intellectual disability and/or ASD. While efforts are focused in Montreal, the Labour Market Facilitator position may be required to establish relationships and connections with both businesses and employment agencies across the province/territory (particularly as related to RWA partnership with national employers).
Full-time, temporary contract (1 year): April 1st to March 31st 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the overall national RWA framework, the Labour Market Facilitator will:
- Report directly to the CEO / Executive Director (or designate) of the host organization. The LabourMarket Facilitatoris an employee of the RWA Delivery Partner agency and as such the personnel policies and procedures of the agency are applicable.
- Conduct Outreach and EngagementoImplement the necessary labour market bridging tactics and strategies needed to expand recruitment and hiring of people with an intellectual disability or ASD. Conduct outreach to businesses, across various sectors and industries, to promote the value of inclusive hiring o Conduct outreach and follow up to businesses and employer organizations, via implementation of business engagement and information strategies.
- Link Hiring Demand to Qualified Talent Pool and Build Community Capacity to Support Job Seekers andEmployees withan Intellectual Disability or ASD o Outreach and partnership development with and between businesses and agencies at the provincial and community levels.
o Develop and/or expand partnerships with community employment agencies to adequately meet hiring demand. o Develop and/or expand partnerships with community employment agencies to ensure equitable access to hiring demand by both persons with an intellectual disability and persons with ASD.
o Identify and develop, based on business needs, mechanisms needed to establish linkages between businesses and community partners. o Develop and sustain relationships with businesses, agencies and various community partners to further enhance and develop the RWA initiative.
o In conjunction with the delivery partner, develop relationships with key community stakeholders and assist in the design/implementation of strategies for activation of key elements of the employment strategy such as transitional planning, employer confidence and capacity, employer-to employer networks, entrepreneurship, and inclusive post-secondary education.
- Build Business Capacity and Confidence to Hire Inclusively
o Ensure adequate and ongoing information dissemination, development of required tools and resources; and development and delivery of public awareness efforts.
o Deliver presentations and information tools for business groups to promote the employment of people with an intellectual disability or ASD.
o Participate in national RWA communications and marketing campaign activities, as required, including use of social media, LinkedIn, etc.
o Represent the RWA Delivery Partner at tables where businesses, stakeholders and others meet to lead innovative approaches to how people with an intellectual disability or ASD can access employment.
o Provide current and accurate information on intellectual disability and/or ASD in the workplace for employer presentations and marketing collateral for business groups to promote the employment of people with an intellectual disability or ASD.
o Active and ongoing promotion of existing RWA-branded tools and resources e.g. RWA Works
o Maintain ongoing relationship with RWA employers and partner employment agencies (both during and subsequent to the hiring process) o Collect and document stories of successful hires
- Team Engagement and ReportingoAttend monthly RWA Team conference calls.
o Engage in project management, administration, budget and expenditure monitoring activities, as required, and as related to project implementation.
o Liaise and maintain working relationship with RWA National Team.
o Liaise and maintain working relationship with delivery team members across the country.
o Work with other RWA Delivery Partner staff to ensure Ready, Willing and Able integrates and supports other activities and programs within the organization and its membership.
o Participate and provide input into the RWA evaluation
o As necessary, collect data; and undertake statistical analysis of data. o Meet all reporting and documentation requirements of the national RWA program, including but not limited to completion of quarterly reporting and maintenance of client management data base
- Other duties as required and/or assigned Qualifications
- Commitment to full inclusion for people with an intellectual disability or ASD, including the right toemployment andeconomic participation in the community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and barriers faced by people with intellectual disability or ASD inaccessing thelabour market
- Strong knowledge of locallabourmarket issues and trends.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing an asset,
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Strong influencing skills. Experience in change management an asset.
- Superior written communication skills, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in afast pacedenvironment.
- Experience in building relationships with diverse groups and interests.
- Experience in working on a large-scale project and collaborating virtually with team members.
- Knowledge of social media applications and some related experience with education and awareness campaigns. • Demonstrated success and experience working in a community development framework an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and client relationship management software. Aptitude for learningnew onlinesystems and tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g.Human Resources, Social Services, Disability Studies,Education, Business) or equivalent experience. Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org