Website Giant Steps Montreal
Permanent job / Part time: 21 hours / 3 days a week
Giant Steps School is seeking an Occupational Therapist (OT). The role of the OT at Giant Steps is to promote the global functioning of the students. The OT mandate is to create interventions for their students. These interventions promote the student’s development, adaptation, and learning to improve their participation, engagement, and autonomy in their school environment.
- Screening and evaluation of students with autism (physical and psychomotor disorders); • Determination of treatment plans;
- Determination of intervention plan;
- Manage group and individual therapies;
- Utilization of the student’s activities and school environment to encourage learning; • Participate in multidisciplinary teams (Teachers, Speech Therapist, OT, Nurse, etc.); • Participate in the elaboration and evaluation of objectives in students’ plans; • Preparation of materials for therapies;
- Recommendations for acquisition of new materials;
- Support and advise parents, teachers and other stakeholders;
- Consulting and training program for stakeholders;
- Prepare and update according to the rules of the OT professional order (OEQ).
- Bachelors or Masters in Occupational Therapy;
- Member of the Occupational Therapist Order (OEQ)
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken);
- Experience in a school environment is an asset ;
- Experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is an asset;
- Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) is an asset;
- Knowledge of contention protocols is an asset.
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long-term disability;
- Travel Insurance;
- Critical Illness Insurance ;
- Retirement Plan (RREGOP);
- 2 weeks paid vacation for holidays + accumulated vacations.
Salary range: Based on experience and our salary scale
Immediate supervisor: General Director
Interested? Please, send us your CV at email@example.com. If you have any question, please do not hesitate!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org