- providing education, resources and services supporting the needs of autistic individuals throughout their lives;
- increasing awareness and acceptance of autism to help create more inclusive communities;
- encouraging and helping autistic people to participate meaningfully in every sector of society.
- offer training and capacity-building across sectors;
- provide consultation services for families and professionals;
- partner on inclusive-cities initiatives and raise awareness and understanding in all sectors of society;
- collaborate with autistic individuals as advisors and trainers;
- provide support for adapted sport, leisure and recreation activities;
- train future autism professionals;
- develop community outreach and support services.
The Centre has developed many online autism resources to support professionals, autistic individuals and their families, such as:
- Online program for first responders that provides autism awareness training;
- Online program for school bus drivers;
- Online training manual for arenas that offer adapted skating and hockey programs;
- Support material for museum and theatre staff.
The Centre offers customized workshops on a variety of autism related topics to many groups such as daycares, schools, summer camp programs, and community centres.
Contact us for more information and check our website regularly for upcoming organized trainings and workshops.
Community Outreach & Partnerships
For more information
Contact the Resource and Training Center Coordinator, Marla Cable, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-935-1911 ext 237