Manager: Director General
Giant Steps School services approximately 90 students, aged 4 to 21 years old, with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We have a preschool (4 and 5 years old), elementary and high school educational program. Students follow a program according to their needs. Our approach is highly specialized, intensive, and interdisciplinary. We offer instruction in both French and English. Founded in 1980, Giant Steps School is a private school in the public interest and subsidized by the Ministry of Education.
Schedule : 35 hours / 5 days a week
First day: August 30th, 2021
• Assess our students with ASD;
• Assess the student and his family’s situation in all areas;
• Analyses and interprets assessments and make recommendations;
• Observes students in their school environment;
• Identify triggers for behaviours;
• Identify avenues for intervention;
• Uses student’s strengths to develop their full potential;
• Uses events and information gathered to adapt intervention plans.
• Intervenes with our students regarding physical, emotional, intellectual, social and behavioural problems;
• Applies psycho-educational interventions and approaches (i.e. Individual interviews, psychometric tests, etc.)
• Designs a framework program for clinical assessment, referral and treatment; • Uses prevention, educations and rehabilitation techniques that promote better social integration and individual development;
• Practices clinical interventions with students;
• Determines a preventive or rehabilitative intervention plan for students and their families; • Establishes an intervention plan with the behaviours team;
• Intervenes in student crises situations with the family and the staff;
• Develops tools for our students;
• Intervenes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of our students
• Follow-up on the student’s files.
• Inform staff of technic used;
• Support our student’s family when needed;
• Advise our employees.
• University degree in psychoeducation or hold a comparative evaluation of studies completed outside Quebec issued by the Ministry;
• Member of l‘ordre des psychoéducateurs du Québec;
• Experience with autism;
• Excellent stress and emotional management;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Bilingualism English and French is an asset!
• CPI training is an asset !
Salary Scale : Le conseil du Trésor, and based on your experience